To obtain employment with Hildebrandt Homes, applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or have appropriate working papers. Applicants need to submit all of the following:
- Human Service Worker, Care Aid Certificate / Diploma, or related education and / or experience caring for persons with developmental disabilities
- Resume with a minimum of (2) two employment-related references, and (1) character reference
- Physician Declaration, stating that the applicant is physically and mentally capable of fulfilling the job duties as described in the Job Description, free of any communicable diseases
- Current record of Influenza Vaccination
- Current Emergency First Aid and Adult CPR Certificate
- Current Criminal Record Search
- Current TB test (X-Ray if applicable)
- Class 5 Valid BC Driver’s License
- Current Satisfactory Drivers Abstract Record
- Food Safe Certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training Certificate: Required training through Hildebrandt Homes, after applicant has been hired
The employer will ensure objective and consistent hiring practices are applied.
When a vacancy occurs, the executive director will determine whether or not there is a need to fill the position.
Candidate selection is based upon the assessment of education, training, experience, required certification, personal suitability, eligibility to work in Canada, eligibility for bonding, absence of a job-related criminal record, positive reference checks, and other factors considered relevant by the employer.
At no time will the employer discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or conviction unrelated to employment, except where such discrimination constitutes a bona fide occupational requirement.
Prior to making a final selection, the employer will conduct a minimum of two (2) reference checks and a criminal record check.
DJ Hildebrandt Homes Inc © 2011
1-2323 Hunter Road | Kelowna, BC V1X 7C5
(250) 717-1887 | (250) 717-1883 (fax)